Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I was a young girl, safe and sound.
Within the confines of values, I was bound.
I was an obedient child, who listened to her mother.
To explore my deeper thoughts, I didn't bother.

I am an adolescent now, and a fire inside me seems to rage.
Those values of safety are like the bars of a strong iron cage.
Hows and whys constantly baffle me.
In my mother's words no reason I see.

Why do I have to be kind and good?
Why am I not free to 'wear' my mood?
Why do have to follow each and every dictum of society?
Aren't these norms a curse to the creativity of humanity?

Why can't I explore my colourful personality?
Of unexplored things there is an infinity.
Why is the world confined in little trvialities,
How you present yourself and those so called aids of personality.

Isn't there suffering in the world everyday?
Why don't we concentrate on taking it away.
It's better than 'being' good I say.
A noble deed would make my day.

A million rebellious thoughts cut across my head like a knife.
These thoughts bring great strife.
Maybe time will settle my inner turmoil.
But inside my soul does restlessness still boil.

These iron bars are being broken.
Maybe they'll become something else.
They'll not confine me.
They'll make me free.
They'll make me calm and happy.
But what they'll become I can't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment