Sunday, September 12, 2010

Alone in a Crowd-II

I can say that i'm really alone
When i am not on my own;
When even amongst people i am alone
Is when i wish i was on my own.

Why does it always seem to me
That people are conspiring against me?
They seem to be determined not to let me be
Only because they want to be.

I feel like i'm swimming
Against a current and not with it;
The rest of the world seems to want to go forward,
But i for one want to go backward.

Why does the world make me feel
That i have to be something?
Why can't i savour the beauty of not being?
It is in being a disaster i'm seeing.

A mind cannot work when veiled
By fears of what would happen if it failed
To do what it was made to to
By those only to be who do.

A human when free
Is the best of what beauty can be.
If a human wasn't free
Then would he be?

9 comments:

  1. Many people feel lonely in the crowd…
    Many of us fail, but failing is the way of learning; next time we know how NOT to do something…
    Nice flow of words and the message is very powerful!!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it is that we poets observe life from a bit of a distance? we all seem to have rather solitary observant natures........it's a good thing:)"A human when free is the best of what beauty can be" is a great line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mind game, of feeling..an interesting read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good post, I like this part

    A human when free
    Is the best of what beauty can be.
    If a human wasn't free
    Then would he be?

    Sometimes we have to close our eyes to the world as is before we can be free to see

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sherry: Maybe it's because each human is unique and poets are even more so. People tend to find those eccentric who are not like them.
    @words4afriend: It's sad that we have to close our eyes to the world as it is before we see it. Maybe everyone closes their eyes to be free. The world has so many people with so many views. No one view is perfect so some feel attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem..I am also of the same opinion madhu..
    You have expressed it beautifully...
    the last stanza is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. madhumakhi,
    I really liked your poem and the message in your words.
    The freedom to be ourselves and the freedom to thrive.

    I wish you well with your writing.
    Good to have met you via Poets United.
    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete